COVID-19 and Distance Learning Update
To download this letter as a PDF, click here.
To download this letter in Spanish, click here.
March 31, 2020
Dear Times2 Families and Staff,
I hope that all of our families and staff are staying safe and healthy. I am writing to inform you of yesterday’s announcement from the Governor that schools will continue to be closed through the month of April and likely beyond. Students are REQUIRED to complete their distance learning assignments on a daily basis in order to be marked present each day. Please note the following:
- April 3rd and April 17th have been designated by RIDE as PD/Planning days to support the teachers with their distance learning planning. There will be NO distance learning on those days.
- Times2 campus will be shutting down its operations as of Monday, April 6, 2020. This decision was made in conjunction with the Board in order to more closely follow the Governor’s recommendation to stay home.
- April 9th and 10th has been designated by RIDE as a long weekend to honor all of the hard work of our teachers, students, and families. There will be no distance learning on those days.
- ALL families throughout RI will be able to access the Internet using the hot spot feature on smart phones free of charge. Please go to your cell phone carrier website to learn how to access this feature on your phone.
- Cox is offering all RI families Internet access for $9.95 per month, after the first 60 days of service for free.
- RI has filed for a waiver for RICAS which will definitely be approved.
- Technology support is available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Should it be necessary to gain physical access to your Chromebook, appointments will be made on a case by case basis.
In addition to the specific assignments coming from classroom teachers, students and parents should be visiting our school’s website at: times2.org.
Please continue to support one another and be kind to yourselves. During this time of social distancing, it is important for us to find creative ways to connect with each other through social media. Let’s all make the most of this precious time that we have with our families and let’s take care of each other.
We love you and miss you all so much! Please stay in touch.